[robotics-worldwide] The IEEE International Symposium on Assembly and Manufacturing (ISAM 2011) May 25-27, 2011 -Call for Papers/Abstracts
reijo.tuokko at tut.fi
Wed Oct 27 05:39:57 PDT 2010
Invitation to the IEEE ISAM 2011 Conference. -Please forward to your colleagues and to those interested! Thanks.
The IEEE International Symposium on Assembly and Manufacturing, sponsored by IEEE and co-sponsored by CIRP is now inviting you to contribute to the conference. The IEEE ISAM 2011 will be held in Finland 25.-27.5.2011.
Proposals for organized sessions: November 10, 2010
Abstract submission: November 10, 2010
Full paper submission: January 15, 2011
Notification of full paper acceptance: February 28, 2011
Final manuscript submission: April 15, 2011
See also Author Pages <http://webhotel2.tut.fi/isam2011/authorpages.html> of the ISAM website <http://webhotel2.tut.fi/isam2011/index.html> .
The submission (and organized sessions proposals) deadline for abstracts is October 31th, 2010. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Competitive and Sustainable Production
◦ New production paradigms(self-organization, self-learning, self-healing, holonic, …)
◦ Agile manufacturing and production networks
◦ Competitive and sustainable manufacturing
◦ Energy-aware and/or eco-efficient/green/clean manufacturing
◦ Maintenance/service in manufacturing in a life cycle perspective
◦ Recycling technologies and systems
* Digital Manufacturing
◦ Modeling and simulation of manufacturing processes and systems
◦ Knowledge based tools/methodologies for manufacturing process planning
◦ Knowledge management over the product life cycle
◦ CAD/CAM integration
◦ Virtual/digital manufacturing and assembly
◦ Simulataneuous engineering
◦ Integrated product and production system development
◦ Design support tools for life cycle engineering
* Micro and Macro Assembly and Manufacturing Processes
◦ Task and process planning and scheduling (assembly/manufacturing/disassembly)
◦ Precision and robotic assembly
◦ Automation of small batch and craft manufacturing
◦ Motion planning, fixturing, grasping and manipulation
◦ Macro, desktop, micro, and/or nano assembly processes and systems
◦ Adaptive and fault-tolerant manufacturing and/or assembly processes
◦ Line balancing and optimization
◦ Zero-defect manufacturing and/or assembly
◦ High performance manufacturing in terms of efficiency, robustness and/or accuracy
◦ Plug and produce manufacturing/assembly
◦ Manufacturing processes for new materials
◦ High throughput roll-to-roll manufacturing
◦ Monitoring, error detection and recovery in manufacturing
◦ Human-robot interaction and collaboration
Please submit an abstract of 1500 words or an electronic copy of your full paper. You can also propose an organized session which can be formed by 4-6 related papers reviewed and accepted through the regular process. Proposals are submitted with the abstracts of the papers intended for the session.
All submissions should include: title of paper, suggested topic area (from topic list), name(s) of authors, affiliation, and full postal address, telephone, fax and e-mail address. Please indicate clearly the purpose of the paper, references to related works and literature, research method and major results.
All submitted abstracts/papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed and evaluated by at least two referees for technical content.
In full papers the standard number of pages is 6 and the maximum page limit is 8 pages. At least one of the authors must register for the symposium in order for the paper to be included in the symposium proceedings. Outstanding selected papers will be published in international journals.
Deadlines for author notifications and camera ready can be found at the conference web page, where possible extensions or new deadlines will be announced.
Keynote speakers will be announced shortly.
Please consider to contribute and encourage your colleagues and team members to submit an abstract (or paper) to the ISAM 2011 conference.
For more information please visit the conference website http://www.tut.fi/isam2011/ . Should you have any questions regarding the organization of the conference, topics in call for papers or any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact the IEEE ISAM 2011 organizing team isam2011 at tut.fi .
IEEE ISAM 2011 Organizing Committee
Prof. Reijo Tuokko, General Chair
Dr. Minna Lanz, Organization Chair
Reijo Tuokko, Professor
Head of the Department
TUT Foundation, Tampere University of Technology
Department of Production Engineering
P.O.Box 589, 33101 Tampere, FINLAND
Tel. +358 40 849 0270 (mobile)
Fax +358 3 3115 2753, Email: <mailto:reijo.tuokko at tut.fi> reijo.tuokko at tut.fi
<<<< Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP >>>>
More information about the robotics-worldwide