[robotics-worldwide] Job Opening: 3D Reconstruction Systems Research Internship

Pitzer Benjamin (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Benjamin.Pitzer at us.bosch.com
Wed Sep 1 17:14:42 PDT 2010

We have one immediate opening for an research intern at Robert Bosch Research and Technology Center North America, located in Palo Alto.

Job Title: 3D Reconstruction Systems Research Internship

Degree Level: Master, Ph.D. (Current students included)

Positions Available: 1

Majors: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.

Required Skills:
Proven experience in C++ software development
Strong implementation skills

Preferred Skills:
Knowledge and experience in computer graphics systems (OpenGL, Direct3D)
Knowledge and experience with modern software engineering tools and GUI systems
Knowledge and experience in computer vision, computational geometry, or related fields
Software development experience in Microsoft environment using version control systems

Job Description:
This intern will be responsible for developing and designing new algorithms for 3D reconstruction systems. The specific application will be matched to the intern's skills and interests. This intern will join a team of Bosch researchers who design and develop algorithms and applications for autonomous systems at the Bosch Research and Technology Center in Palo Alto, CA. We solicit applications from individuals with a strong background in CS or related areas and proven implementation skills. We offer the opportunity to work with experienced researchers in a flexible and creative industrial research environment on cutting edge technologies.

Example Projects:
Visual SLAM: Design and implementation of localization and mapping algorithms using a monocular camera system.
Human-Machine Interaction: Design and implement an intuitive user interfaces for our visual reconstruction system.
3D Modelling System: Design a prototype of a 3D scanner using available technologies for visual reconstruction and 3D modelling.

Time Frame:
3 months, starting as soon as possible

Location:
Robert Bosch Research and Technology Center
Palo Alto, CA

Please submit your resume and any supporting material to:
56433-CS-1346 at boschresearch.hrmdirect.com

Benjamin Pitzer

Robert Bosch Corporation
Research and Technology Center