[robotics-worldwide] Post-doc positions at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Labs.

Takayuki Kanda kanda at atr.jp
Tue Sep 28 20:10:18 PDT 2010

The ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communications Laboratory is recruiting
outstanding young (post-doctoral) researchers.  Our laboratory is unique in
the world in its strong focus on conducting human-robot interaction field
trials in real-world environments, and we have deployed robots to interact
with people in locations such as elementary schools, science museums, train
stations, and shopping malls.

We are seeking applications from researchers with special interest in
social/cognitive human-robot interaction and related topics.

Candidates with specific expertise in the following domains are particularly
welcome:
- People detecting and tracking with laser range finders
- Mobile robot navigation
- Modeling human behavior, group behavior, and social interaction
- Other technical issue in social/cognitive human-robot interaction

We are also interested in people who has specific expertise in studies with
human participants particularly:
- Human factors with social interaction through teleoperated robots
- Other psychological/robotics studies on social human-robot interaction
- Other studies on interactive humanoids and androids
- Other communication study with video-conferencing system and virtual
reality environment

Our laboratory conducts a variety of social robotics research projects, and
within these projects, researchers in our team will have some flexibility in
terms of their own research focus.

The duration of these projects are 5 years; the initial term for employment
is one year, and extensions will be expected until the end of each project
based on the evaluation during the first year. Further employment as a
researcher will be considered based on the evaluation during the project.

Wage will be decided based on your experience and expertise.

Please feel free to ask me (kanda at atr.jp) about details, and send us your CV
with a statement about your interest and motivation!

- Takayuki Kanda, Takahiro Miyashita, Hiroshi Ishiguro, and Norihiro Hagita

Dr. Takayuki Kanda
Senior research scientist
ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
URL http://www.irc.atr.jp/~kanda/
E-mail: kanda at atr.jp
Tel: +81 774 95 1424 Fax: +81 774 95 1408