[robotics-worldwide] Multiple postdoctoral positions in virtual surgery at RPI CeMSIM
sankag at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 4 13:21:10 PDT 2011
Multiple postdoctoral positions in virtual surgery at RPI
Description & Requirement
The Center for Modeling, Simulation and Imaging in Medicine (CeMSIM)
at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA invites
applications for several postdoctoral positions to work on multiple
projects funded by the NIH on developing virtual surgery technology.
The ideal candidate will develop the next generation surgical
simulator based on advanced physics-based computational methods and
robotic systems in collaboration with surgeons at Harvard Medical
Desirable background for this position includes:
· Degrees in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or related field.
· Strong background in Computer Graphics. Specific knowledge of real
time computing is a plus.
· Background in robotics/ mechatronics.
- Background in collision detection and response algorithms
· Excellent programming skills
· Experience in developing virtual environments involving haptics.
· Background in high performance scientific computations.
Interested candidates may apply to Professor Suvranu De (des at rpi.edu)
with a cover letter, detailed CV, a copy of the publication deemed as
best representative of the candidate’s creative research, and names
and email addresses of three referees.
Applications from minority and women are especially encouraged. RPI is
an Equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.
More information about the robotics-worldwide