[robotics-worldwide] Research position in computer vision at Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US)

ARanganathan at hra.com ARanganathan at hra.com
Wed Apr 6 11:19:25 PDT 2011

Immediate opening for a Research Scientist/Engineer in Computer vision:

We are seeking applications for the position of research
scientist/engineer in the area of Computer Vision at our Mountain View
California lab. The candidate will be involved in research and development
of robot navigation methods using vision-based dense 3D reconstruction.
Target scenarios include intelligent systems such as driver assistant
systems and personal mobility platforms.

Previous experience in structure from motion and/or dense stereo
techniques is required. Knowledge and experience in machine learning is a
plus. The candidate is expected to have the ability to rapidly assimilate
an existing codebase and to be at home collaborating closely with other
researchers at both the conceptual and the code levels. Strong development
skill in C++ is required. Knowledge of Matlab is a plus.

Depending on interests and skills, the candidate will also have an
opportunity to participate in our other related research projects on
object recognition, semantic mapping and learning-based navigation
techniques. This is a 3-year position with possibility of further
extensions or transition to a permanent position at company discretion.

To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to
Fulltime_P10F01 at honda-ri.com citing the job number below in the subject
line.

Job Position Number: P10F01
Title: Research Scientist/Engineer (3-year term)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Qualifications: MS or PhD in Computer Science.
Strong background in computer vision and math. Background in machine
learning and optimization is preferred.
Strong development skills in C++. Matlab experience preferred.

For more information about HRI-US, please see
http://www.honda-ri.com/HRI_Us

Ananth Ranganathan
www.ananth.in