[robotics-worldwide] Special Forum, IEEE ICRA2011, Shanghai

Y. Nakamura nakamura at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Apr 18 08:37:23 PDT 2011

Dear Friends and Colleagues

For IEEE ICRA2011 in Shanghai, we recently proposed a forum to make
a preliminary report on the disaster and robotics in Japan. Prof. Zexiang Li,
the general chair, and the conference organizers have kindly accepted it
and suggested to make it at the following schedule. We highly appreciate
their thoughtful considerations. We would also like to apologize for any
conflicts it may make for this last minutes' proposal.

Please mark it on your schedule in ICRA2011.
We look forward to seeing you in Shanghai soon.

Best Regards,

Yoshihiko Nakamura
Kazuhito Kosuge
Hajime Asama
Satoshi Tadokoro
Fumitoshi Matsuno

==================================
2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation

ICRA Special Forum:  "Preliminary Report on the Disaster and Robotics in Japan"

Time: 11.20am-12.40pm, May 11th (Wednesday), 2011
Venue: Intl Auditorium, Shanghai Intl Convention Center
Organizer: Yoshihiko Nakamura, University of Tokyo, Japan

The Great East Japan Earthquake struck Japan on March 11, 2011. The Tsunami
that followed it brought down an extensive and severe damage to the Tohoku
(North East) Area of Japan as well as the US, Indonesia, and Chili.
Hard efforts
are being made to settle down the accidents of the Fukushima Nuclear Power
Plant caused by the Tsunami. Robotics in Japan commits to the long-term efforts
for the recovery from the disaster. The preliminary report on the
current activity
from robotics and the discussion on the future contribution of
robotics are to be
made in the Forum.

Panelists:

Prof. Kazuhiro Kosuge, Tohoku University
Prof. Hajime Asama, University of Tokyo
Prof. Satoshi Tadokoro, Tohoku University
Prof. Fumitoshi Matsuno, Kyoto University