[robotics-worldwide] Workshop: New Developments in Imitation Learning

Brian Ziebart bziebart at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 20 12:44:22 PDT 2011

Conference:    ICML 2011
Date:        Saturday, July 2, 2011
Location:    Bellevue, Washington, USA
Website:    http://www.robot-learning.de/Research/ICML2011

In the field of imitation learning, we have seen a dramatic growth over the
past decade in many different ways: in terms of newly developed algorithms,
new successful applications and new scientific challenges for understanding
both the computational and the neuronal aspects of imitation. Moreover,
imitation is a complex learning problem related to many fields of Machine
Learning, including supervised and semi-supervised learning, learning with
structured data, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, multi-agent
learning, and online learning. Imitation Learning is also an essential
technology for robotics, one of the main goals of this workshop is to bring
together roboticists along with Machine Learning researchers.
The workshop will have an awesome set of invited speakers including Drew
Bagnell, Pieter Abbeel, Aude Billard, Emo Todorov, Sethu Vijayakumar, Umar
Syed, Rajesh Rao, and Manuel Lopes.
For this workshop, we are seeking researchers who want to present
high-quality recent or ongoing work on all aspects of imitation learning.
Both theoretical and applied work is solicited. An extended abstract
suffices for a poster submission. Additionally, we welcome position papers,
as well as papers discussing potential future research directions.

Submissions and Publication
Both extended abstracts and position/future research papers will be reviewed
by program committee members on the basis of relevance, significance, and
clarity. Accepted contributions will be presented as posters but
particularly exciting work may be considered for talks. Submissions should
be formatted according to the conference templates and submitted via email
to imitation.learning.icml2011 at googlemail.com.

Important Dates
April 29 - Deadline of submission
May 20 - Notification of Acceptance
July 2 - Workshop Proper

Organizing Committee
Abdeslam Boularias, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics (Primary
contact)
Brian Ziebart, Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University
Jan Peters, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics