[robotics-worldwide] Post-doc positions at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Labs.

Takayuki Kanda kanda at atr.jp
Fri Apr 29 00:35:24 PDT 2011

The ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communications Laboratory is recruiting
outstanding young (post-doctoral) researchers.  Our laboratory is unique in
the world in its strong focus on human-robot interaction, particularly with
field trials in real-world environments. We have deployed robots to interact
with people in locations such as shopping malls, science museums, and train
stations.

We are seeking applications from researchers with special interest in
social/cognitive human-robot interaction and related topics.

Candidates with specific expertise in the following domains are particularly
welcome:
- Modeling human behavior, group behavior, and social interaction
- Teleoperation and adjustable/sliding autonomy
- Mobile robot navigation
- Mobile manipulation
- Repeated and long-term social interaction
- Other technical issue in social/cognitive human-robot interaction

Our laboratory conducts a variety of social robotics research projects, and
within these projects, researchers in our team will have some flexibility in
terms of their own research focus.

The initial term for employment is one year, and extensions will be expected
until the end of each project based on the evaluation during the first year.
Further employment as a researcher will be considered based on the
evaluation during the project.

Wage will be decided based on your experience and expertise.

Please feel free to ask me (kanda at atr.jp) about details, and send us your CV
with a statement about your interest and motivation!

Dr. Takayuki Kanda
Senior research scientist
ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
URL http://www.irc.atr.jp/~kanda/
E-mail: kanda at atr.jp
Tel: +81 774 95 1424 Fax: +81 774 95 1408