[robotics-worldwide] Research Scientist position at Meka

Aaron Edsinger edsinger at mekabot.com
Tue Aug 23 16:52:56 PDT 2011

Research Scientist at Meka Robotics

Meka Robotics seeks a creative and entrepreneurial Research Scientist to
lead our engineering team in hardware focused research programs spanning
robot manipulation, high performance actuation, tactile sensing,
humanoids, and locomotion.

Degree Level: Ph.D.
Major: CS, EE, ME, or related
Citizenship: U.S. preferred
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start date: Negotiable

Job Description:

We seek an individual to foster an innovative research program at Meka.
This includes leading the technical development, co-managing our
engineering team,  writing grant proposals, attending conferences and
program meetings, and building collaborative ventures with outside
partners. The ideal candidate has a rigorous background in robotics, has
a demonstrated ability for innovative hardware design, and is passionate
about building a thriving business in the emerging robotics industry.

Candidates must have strong expertise in mechatronics and have a
demonstrated hands-on ability to lead innovative hardware projects. A
PhD in a robotics or a related field is required. The position requires
representing Meka Robotics as a PI on new research programs, and
managing these programs to successful completion. Excellent
grant-writing, presentation, communication, and reporting skills are
essential in order to interact with our international academic and
industrial partners.

A successful candidate must have a background in building demanding
mechatronic systems, from the low-level board design to the high-level
software design, and everything in-between. A background in compliant
actuator and sensor design is a plus.

Desired engineering skills:

* Real-time software design
* C/C++/Python programming
* ROS
* Linux / GCC tools
* Solidworks
* Conversant in digital, analog, and mechanical design
* Analysis of mechanics and kinematics

Required application materials:
* Cover letter
* Resume/CV
* Two references
* Downloadable recent publications, code samples, and/or design portfolio

Please email application materials to jobs at mekabot.com

--
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
Meka Robotics