[robotics-worldwide] Willow Garage Looking For: Senior Robot Architect

Stephanie Moy smoy at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 24 10:13:05 PDT 2011

Willow Garage is looking for a Senior Robot Architect to join our team. If
you are interested, please see the job description below and apply at
jobs at willowgarage.com.

Senior Robot Architect Primary Function Willow Garage is looking for a
senior robot architect to lead the design effort for a new generation of
personal robot.  The successful candidate will have a portfolio of
implemented robot designs, and will lead efforts in hardware innovation.
 Help us advance the state of the art of personal robotics!
Roles and Responsibilities * Help create a vision of future robots
* Work with software-development team to create fundamental new capabilities
* Lead hardware innovation and robot design efforts
* Incorporate user needs into designs
* Create prototypes that can be tested with users
Skills / Job Requirements * Mechatronics or mechanical engineering
experience
* Leadership experience
* Management experience
* Customer-need focused mentality

Nice to have's * Research experience, or experience working with researchers
* Product design experience
Application Materials * Cover letter
* Resume/CV
* Portfolio of implemented robot designs
* Three references and/or three letters of recommendation
To Apply Send your Application Materials to jobs at willowgarage.com

Willow Garage is an equal opportunity employer

About Willow Garage Willow Garage intends to revolutionize robotic mobile
manipulation and to jump start a broad scale industry in that area. We are
working towards this goal through fostering robust open hardware and
software platforms; doing research internally and in close cooperation with
top research groups across the globe to systematically remove the key
bottlenecks to robotic capability; and enabling or spinning off companies in
different application areas. We are well funded and able to do this with
staying power.
We have assembled a team of international leaders in a wide range of robot
fields from machine perception, machine learning, planning, control,
grasping, human-robotic interaction and on to mechanical and electrical
engineering. We have a great work environment with large and fluid
collaborations across areas of expertise. We're open, we publish, run
workshops, attend conferences and collaborate widely with top researchers
around the world. We have soccer games and free lunches, and company outings
from ski trips to zero-g flights.

--
Stephanie Moy
Willow Garage, Inc.