[robotics-worldwide] ICRA'11 - Workshop on Autonomous Grasping

Jorge Miranda Dias jorge at isr.uc.pt
Mon Feb 14 11:51:58 PST 2011

Dear Researches Colleagues,

On behalf of organizers of ICRA'11 - Workshop on "Autonomous Grasping: From Multi-Sensing to Symbolic Representation for Robotic Manipulation Tasks", we would like to invite you for paper submission. More information can be found at http://media.isr.uc.pt/autonomousgrasping
The full day Workshop will be held on Monday 9 May 2011, Shanghai, China.

In this workshop, we shall cover representations underlying the human strategies that define the appropriate characteristics of the grasp and manipulation movements in specific contexts or objects and how these strategies can be extended and replicated by robots. The focus will be on techniques to extract relevant information from human data recording in scenarios of grasping and manipulation tasks, including data on tactile sensing, visual gaze and saccade movements of the subject. This way, all contribution related to the following topics will be welcome:

- Dexterous manipulation,
- Grasp synthesis,
- Grasping by Imitation learning,
- Grasp gesture recognition,
- Grasp and skill learning,
- Motor control and learning,
- Sensor features extraction for manipulation,
- Characterization of object affordances,
- Object representations and uncertainty,
- Learning and imitation of human strategies

As an outcome, we expect the speakers to contribute for a more complete overview on the current state-of-art on robotic systems that explore different strategies of grasping and manipulation, and explore physical properties of objects to provide more intelligent artificial hands. The models for multi-sensor data integration will be discussed as well as the representations and control strategies that provide autonomous manipulation.

The important dates are:
March 1st, 2011 - Submission Deadline
April 1th, 2011 - Notification of acceptance
May 9th - Workshop.

Thank you
Kind Regards,

On behalf of the organizers of the ICRA’11 Workshop on Autonomous Grasping -
Jorge Dias, Danica Kragic, Véronique Perdereau and Bruno Siciliano

--
Jorge Manuel Miranda Dias (www.deec.uc.pt/~jorge)
Institute Systems & Robotics