[robotics-worldwide] Call for Participation: IFC2011

Kenji Suzuki kenji at ieee.org
Tue Feb 15 04:16:31 PST 2011

* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
---------
   International Forum on Cybernics 2011
   Date: 8 - 9 March, 2011
   http://www.ccr.tsukuba.ac.jp/ifc2011/e/
   Venue: THE GRAND HALL (Shinagawa, Tokyo)
     2-16-4, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, JAPAN
   Admission: Free
---------
It is our great honor to announce that we are holding our first
international event “International Forum on Cybernics 2011”
on 8th-9th of March 2011. We feel truly privileged to have
distinguished scientists on robotics, medicine, nursing and
rehabilitation from across the world such as Europe, US and
Japan. We are having the outstanding presentations on
cutting-edge technologies, social environment, and governmental
approaches toward long-lived healthy society.
---------
List of invited speakers:
- Prof. Yoshiyuki Sankai
   (Director of Center for Cybernics Research, University of Tsukuba,
  / CEO Cyberdyne, Inc.)
- Prof. Henrik Hautop Lund
   (Head of Center for Playware, Technical University of
   Denmark, Denmark)
- Prof. Maria Chiara Carrozza
   (Head of the Scuola, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Thomas A. Schildhauer
   (Medical Director and Chairman, Department of General and Trauma
   Surgery BG-University Hospital 'Bergmannshei, Germany)
- Dr Takashi Nakajima (Neurologist, Deputy Director of Niigata National
   Hospital, Japan)
- Prof. Akira Matsumura (Professor of Neurosurgery, University of
   Tsukuba, Japan)
- Prof. Makoto Kaneko (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Osaka
   University, Japan)
- H.E. Mr.Franz-Michael Skjold Mellbin (Ambassador to Japan, Embassy
   of Denmark in Japan)
- Prof. Jeanette C. Takamura
   (Dean and Professor, School of Social Work, Columbia University, USA)
- Prof. Jörgen Borg
   (Senior consultant, Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska
   Institute, Sweden)
- T.B.D. (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan)
- Mr Shoji Kawamori (Mechanical designer, Animation creator and Director)
- Prof. Seiichiro Yonekura (Director, Institute of Innovation Research,
   Hitotsubashi University)
- Mr Takashi Hama (Head of Central Research Laboratory, Daiwa House
   Industry Co., Ltd.)
---------
The forum is organized by the University of Tsukuba, funded
by Cabinet Office of Japan, and supported by the several
Japanese ministries*. The forum theme is "Robot suit for
the future - Toward a vibrant society with long and healthy
lives."  Topics are not limited but also will include possible
approach to support long-lived and healthy society from
various disciplines. The main objective of IFC2011 Is to share
the knowledge and information and what it brings to the future
with the public. The forum is expected to have a high scientific
quality and impact, and very qualified speakers. In addition, we
will have a chance to have individual small meetings for future
collaboration research.

*IFC2011 will be supported by
     - Cabinet Office, Government of Japan
     - Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
     - Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW)
     - Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)

<Secretariat>
Dr Tomio JIndo
Associate Head, CCR, University of Tsukuba
E-mail: ccr at un.tsukuba.ac.jp

---
Kenji Suzuki       kenji at ieee.org
University of Tsukuba, Japan