[robotics-worldwide] Open position at Meka Robotics
edsinger at mekabot.com
Thu Feb 17 16:57:27 PST 2011
*Robot Software Engineer Position *
San Francisco based Meka Robotics (www.mekabot.com) seeks a motivated
individual to join the engineering team of a small, fast-paced robotics
R&D company. If you write clean, elegant code and love building robots,
we want to talk to you.
* Develop firmware for real-time embedded hardware
* Write robot development tools in C++ and Python
* Maintain, document, and extend the Meka ROS software package
* Maintain the Meka M3 code base and releases
* Support mechanical and electrical engineering team
* General management of internal IT
* Very strong experience with C++ and Python software development
* Very strong experience with embedded microcontroller and DSP
* Experience with Willow Garage ROS
* Experience with Linux and GNU development tool chain
* Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* 3+ years prior experience programming robots or robot related hardware
* Masters or Bachelors with strong demonstrated ability
* Passionate about building great robots
Hours & Compensation
* Full time, salary depends on experience
Meka Robotics is located on the edge of the Dog Patch district in San
Francisco, near the 22nd St. CalTrain station.
Please submit a resume and any supporting materials to jobs at mekabot.com
No phone calls please
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
San Francisco, CA
More information about the robotics-worldwide