[robotics-worldwide] Research position in computer vision at Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US)

ARanganathan at hra.com ARanganathan at hra.com
Wed Feb 23 17:20:01 PST 2011

Immediate opening for a Research Scientist/Engineer in Computer vision:

We are seeking applications for the position of research
scientist/engineer in the area of Computer Vision at our Mountain View,
California lab.

The candidate will be involved in research and development in the areas of
visual mapping, image categorization, and image matching system
for use on autonomous agents. Candidate responsibilities will include
understanding and extending the existing software, and closely
collaborating with other researchers involved in the project. Depending on
interests and skills, the candidate will also have an opportunity to
participate in our other related research projects in the exciting areas
of semantic mapping and computer vision for driver-assistance systems.

The candidate must have experience in computer vision and preferably
machine learning. Strong development skill in C++ is required.
Knowledge of Matlab is a plus. This is a 3-year position with possibility
of further extensions or transition to a permanent position at the
discretion of HRI-US.

To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to
Fulltime_P09F03 at honda-ri.com. Please cite the job number below
in the subject line.

Job Position Number: P09F03
Title: Research Scientist/Engineer (3-year term)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Qualifications: MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or related areas.
Strong background in computer vision and math. Background in
                           machine learning and optimization is preferred.
Strong development skills in C++. Matlab experience preferred.

For more information about HRI-US, please see
http://www.honda-ri.com/HRI_Us

Ananth Ranganathan
www.ananth.in