[robotics-worldwide] Postdoctoral Positions in Robotic Surgery at Children's Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 4 14:11:18 PST 2011

Two highly qualified postdoctoral fellows are sought for NIH-funded projects:

Postdoctoral Fellow (Robot Design) - This position will involve designing robotic solutions for a set of promising clinical applications. Strong mechanical design skills are a must along with system integration experience. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians is also important.
It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in mechanical engineering and have experience in CAD and the supervision of machining andrapid prototyping.

Postdoctoral Fellow (Robot Mechanics) - This position is to develop mechanics-based models and algorithms for the design and control of continuum robots. Strong mathematical and analytical skills are needed. It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer graphics and have experience in robot kinematics, dynamics and control.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in the top US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our projects can be found at:
http://www.childrenshospital.org/cfapps/research/data_admin/Site2822/mainpageS2822P0.html
and http://biorobotics.bu.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof. Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications, career goals and availability. The initial appointments will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be made through Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Children's Hospital Boston
Harvard Medical School