[robotics-worldwide] Job Opportunity at Evolution Robotics
Mario E. Munich
mario at evolution.com
Tue Jan 11 23:13:48 PST 2011
Robotics and Vision Engineer
Evolution Robotics Employment Opportunity Profile
- _Title_: *Robotics and Vision Engineer*
- _Reports to_: VP of Research and Development
1055 E. Colorado Bl., #410
Pasadena, California 91106
Date: 2011-01-10 15:18:53 PST
Evolution Robotics, Inc. is a robotics company that develops
breakthrough technologies that revolutionize robotics for the mass
market. The recent convergence of low-cost mobile computing, wireless
communication, and sensing technologies has not only made the
development of mobile robotic products possible, but also economical for
mainstream usage. Evolution Robotics develops innovative solutions for
making machines sense and act autonomously. We partner with consumer
electronics companies to augment the capabilities of their products,
such as the Sony AIBO(r) entertainment robot or WowWee robotic toys, or
create entire new robotic products such as the Mint robotic mop and
Evolution is a recognized leader in industrial and academic communities.
The company has assembled a world-class management team composed of
leading robotics experts and consumer products business leaders to make
the company's vision of providing useful robots at affordable prices a
reality. The Evolution Robotics team operates in a highly dynamic and
very collaborative environment where the flow of ideas is encouraged
from all parts of the team. The team of extremely talented engineers and
scientists at Evolution has created a unique, highly stimulating, and
fun work environment. This team challenges the status quo in technology
and pushes the envelope on what may seem impossible.
Evolution Robotics is an operating company of Idealab!, a technology
incubator known for having started many successful companies including
Overture, CitySearch, and eSolar. We are located in beautiful and sunny
Pasadena, in Southern California. Hosting scientific institutions like
the California Institute of Technology and the Jet Propulsion Lab, and
national events like the annual Tournament of Roses, the city is
considered the main cultural center of the San Gabriel Valley.
Find more information about Evolution Robotics at our website
[www.evolution.com] and see our technologies in action on YouTube
Design, implement, test, and document robotics and vision algorithms in
C/C++ on Linux/Windows and on embedded platforms. The candidate will
participate in the creation of the next generation of consumer robotics
products developed at Evolution Robotics.
The position’s responsibilities also include validation and
characterization of the products developed at Evolution Robotics
including embedded solutions for vision and navigation, robotics
components, and hardware. The position involves a substantial portion of
“hands-on” work and requires an individual able to work independently
with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience developing robotics or vision systems.
- Working knowledge of C/C++.
- Working understanding of computer systems including concurrent
programming, operating systems, compilers, and computer architecture.
- Working experience in both Linux and Windows.
- Experience validating complex systems involving hardware, software,
and mechanical components.
- A solid engineering background with hands-on design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- *Minimum Degree*: MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or
Nice to have:
- Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots
into various configurations for test purposes.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following:
behavior-based control, navigation, path-planning, obstacle
avoidance, SLAM, estimation and control.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object
recognition, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion
estimation, feature extraction and matching, face recognition.
- Hands-on design and development experience of software and
- Experience developing embedded systems.
- Experience validating consumer or robotics products.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR RESUME AND SALARY HISTORY
TO: [careers at evolution.com]
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Mario E. Munich, PhD
VP of Research and Development
Ph: (626) 993-3317
Fax: (626) 993-3301
mario at evolution.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide