[robotics-worldwide] CFP: Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines AMAM 2011, October 11-14, 2011, Japan

Koh Hosoda koh.hosoda at ist.osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 18 20:39:54 PST 2011

International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines  AMAM
2011
October 11-14, 2011
Awaji Yumebutai International Conference Center, Hyogo, Japan

http://www-dsc.mech.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/AMAM2011

April 1, 2011 Submission of Abstracts
May 27, 2011 Feedback of results
July 1, 2011 Submission of Papers
October 11-14, 2011 Symposium in Awaji Island

Understanding mechanism for adaptive behavior of animals helps us
realizing adaptive behavior of machines, and experimenting on machines
to realize adaptive behavior helps us to find new view on biological
systems. These two approaches are "two wheels of a cart" to understand
the essence of adaptive intelligence. AMAM 2011 is the fifth
international symposium dedicated on the interaction among researchers
of such interdisciplinary field. They are covering neuromechanics,
neurophysiology, biomechanics, robotics, brain science, and other field
related to adaptive behavior of animals and machines. Previous symposia
were held in Montreal, Canada (2000); Kyoto, Japan (2003); Ilmenau,
Germany (2005); and Cleveland, USA (2008).

Accepted papers are presented in poster sessions to encourage the
interaction. Plenary talks and some selected papers through the review
process will be presented in oral sessions in a single track. We also
schedule publishing a proceeding book based on recommendation of
reviewers. We will have exciting laboratory bus tour to Osaka and Kobe
Universities demonstrating the recent development of adaptive robots.

Abstract contributions are invited from all areas pertaining to adaptive
motion in animals and machines. Visit the following link to find more
about AMAM 2011. We are very much looking forward to seeing you soon.

http://www-dsc.mech.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/AMAM2011
--
Koh Hosoda, Program Chair, AMAM2011

Dept. of Multimeda Engineering
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
Osaka University
http://www-hi.ise.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/