[robotics-worldwide] Openings in Aerial Service Robotics @ PRISMA Lab in Naples, Italy

Bruno Siciliano siciliano at unina.it
Sun Jul 17 16:57:14 PDT 2011

OPENINGS IN AERIAL SERVICE ROBOTICS
PRISMA Lab – Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
Naples, Italy

The PRISMA Lab at the University of Naples
Federico II is seeking to recruit junior/senior
postdoctoral research fellows that will have a
key research role in the area of Aerial Service Robotics.

Precise research programs will be defined based
on interests and abilities of the successful
candidates. Their research will be conducted on
the aerial robotic systems available at PRISMA
Lab and in collaboration with several leading
European robotics research groups working with
the PRISMA team on a new EU FP7 Integrating
Project focused on the theme of “Aerial Robotics Cooperative Assembly System”.

We are looking for highly-motivated young
scientists with a background and PhD in Robotics
and Control Engineering and a well-established
publication record in the area of Aerial Robotics
and in one or more of the following areas:
- Impedance and force control
- Cooperative control of robot formations
- Autonomous robots
- Visual control
Strong competencies in C/C++ programming and MATLAB are essential.

Qualified potential applicants holding a PhD
degree should provide the following material:
1) Cover letter briefly describing their background and career plans
2) CV
3) Link to their research web-site
4) A list of the top 5 publications in Aerial Robotics or related areas
5) Date of availability
6) Names and contact information of at least two references

All documents should be submitted via email as a
single compressed/pdf file to Bruno Siciliano
<siciliano at unina.it> with the subject: POSTDOC CANDIDATE.

The actual call will be opened in September, yet
potential applicants are warmly invited to
communicate their interest and availability at the earliest.

About PRISMA Lab
University of Naples Federico II is the third
oldest university in Italy. The School of
Engineering, with a population of 11,000
students, is the oldest in Europe and is
celebrating its second centennial since the
foundation by King Gioacchino Murat in 1811. The
PRISMA team operates in the Department of
Computer and Systems Engineering, where since
almost 30 years is conducting research in
robotics. Current interests include force
control, visual servoing, dual-arm/hand
manipulation, human-robot interaction, service
robotics, and aerial robotics. The team has
achieved world-wide recognition and is currently
engaged in four projects and two forthcoming ones
supported by the European Community. See
www.prisma.unina.it for further information.

About Naples
Naples (Italian: Napoli) is the third largest
city in Italy, and is the capital of the Campania
region. World-known for its rich history, art,
culture, architecture, music, and gastronomy,
Naples is a lively, exciting and bustling city
situated on the southwest coast in a gorgeous
gulf, and is surrounded by attractive tourist and
archaeological sites such as Capri, Ischia,
Amalfi Coast, Pompei, Ercolano, Mount Vesuvius.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naples for further information.

Salary and Duration
The position is full time and will be paid
according to the current Italian scheme.
Depending on the experience and seniority of the
candidate, the salary will range between 1500 and
2500 Euro per month. The initial contract will be
limited to one year with the possibility to extend up to three years.

prof bruno siciliano
ASME fellow, IEEE fellow, IFAC fellow
PRISMA lab, dipartimento di informatica e sistemistica
universita' di napoli federico II
via claudio 21, 80125 napoli, italy
tel +39 081 7683179
mob +39 368605665