[robotics-worldwide] CFP: Invitation to participate in ARSO 2011: A workshop on Advanced Robotics and Its Social Impacts

Osentoski Sarah (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Sarah.Osentoski at us.bosch.com
Thu Jul 14 15:01:10 PDT 2011

IEEE ARSO 2011: A workshop on Advanced Robotics and Its Social Impacts

October 2-4 2011
Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Half-Moon Bay, California

--- Workshop Website ----
http://www.arso2011.org/

--- Workshop Description ---

The 2011 IEEE Workshop on Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts
(ARSO) will explore applied robotics research in the context of social
impact and related commercial and legal issues. Participants will be
world class robotics researchers, investors, and industry and
government representatives. This year's workshop will be held
immediately after the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent
Robots and Systems (IROS) 2011 in the Ritz-Carlton Resort, Half Moon
Bay in California. The workshop will focus on discussions and
developing collaborations, serving as a venue to share our vision for
the future of robotics and its impact on society. Organized in single
track sessions consisting of panel discussions, and invited talks, the
workshop will include robotics in areas such as (but not limited to)
the following:

education,
entertainment,
rehabilitation and medical applications,
service,
search and rescue,
transportation, and
telepresence.

--- Call for Contributions ---

We invite you to submit an extended abstract of up to 4 pages in the
standard IEEE format, including figures. A maximum of two additional
pages is permitted with extra charges.

The theme of the workshop is on the impact that our work has in
today's society; we kindly ask the authors to reflect and emphasize
this aspect in their submissions.

Submit your manuscript by email to submissions at arso2011.org<mailto:submissions at arso2011.org>

Important Dates

The deadline paper submissions:  August 1, 2011 (23:59 San Francisco local time)
Receive notification of review decisions: August 7, 2011
Deadline for hotel registration:  September 1, 2011
Workshop: October 2-4, 2011

For more information, please contact

Sarah Osentoski
Robert Bosch LLC