[robotics-worldwide] Robotics Lab Position: Legged Robot Controls Algorithm Developer

Brooke Layton blayton at ihmc.us
Thu Mar 3 14:19:52 PST 2011

Legged Robot Controls Algorithm Developer

Starting Date: March 15, 2011, depending on applicant’s availability.

Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Pensacola , FL

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Ideal Candidate:

Ideal candidate must be passionate about legged robots, dedicated to writing clean, readable software, and have an engineering degree and 2 years or more experience working in controlling robots. Candidate should have experience with standard control theory, robot kinematics, dynamics, and control concepts, and Object Oriented programming. Preference will be given to candidates that have developed control algorithms for dynamic legged robots. Applicants must have good communication and documentation skills, and thrive in both a team and individual environment.

Minimum requirements for the successful candidate:

    * Bachelor’s degree in an engineering major, with controls focus.
    * 2 years of experience developing control algorithms for robotic systems.
    * Authorized to work in the United States
    * Able to program in C, C++, or Java

Job Description:

Develop walking algorithms and tools for bipedal walking robots. For more information on some of our current bipedal walking development, see our Humanoid Robot web site, and our related publications. Salary is dependent upon degree and experience.

http://www.ihmc.us/research/projects/HumanoidRobots/

To Apply: Email to robotjobs at ihmc.us the following:

a) Resume.

b) Description of a control system or robot software you implemented. Preferably a link to a web page describing your system, a published paper, and/or software examples.

c) One to two page essay describing why you want to be a developer of control algorithms for legged robots, what makes you qualified, and what you see as the major challenges to achieving legged robots that are as capable as their biological counterparts.

Applications without these three items will not be considered.

IHMC is an EEO/AA Employer

_________
Brooke Layton
850.202.4480