[robotics-worldwide] Call for Paper - IROS Special Symposium on Biped Robotics

SYun at hra.com SYun at hra.com
Thu Mar 3 15:34:48 PST 2011

IROS 2011 (http://www.iros2011.org/) will feature a series of special
symposia to celebrate the achievements of the last fifty years of robotics
and to articulate a vision for the future of the field. One of the symposia
will be on "Biped Locomotion".

 The following two sessions have been confirmed so far:

1. Angular Momentum in Dynamic Movements: Biomechanics, Animation and
Robotics
The interest in linear and angular momentum for motion management has been
growing relatively independently in the domains of bioemchanics, computer
animation and robotics. We will bring together researchers from these three
elds so that there is a concerted focus on this topic and a free exchange
of ideas.
This session will consist of three 30-minute invited talks, each from an
expert in one of the fields:
1) Biomechanics (Hugh Herr, MIT)
2) Computer Animation (Victor Zordan, UC Riverside)
3) Robotics (Shuuji Kajita, AIST, Japan).

2. Angular Momentum and Momentum Based Control
This session will consist of 6 paper presentations of 15 minutes duration
each. We solicit papers from all fields: biomechanics, computer animation
and robotics. We will work with the conference program committee to
organize the final structure of the session. We look forward to your
contributions for IROS 2011, B iped Locomotion Special Symposium.

The deadline for submission is March 14, 2011.
Submission details can be found at: http://www.iros2011.org/cfp

If you would like to contribute to this symposium, please send an email to
Seungkook Yun (syun at hra.com) or Ambarish Goswami (ambarish at ambarish.com) to
get the symposium session code. Feel free to ask any questions about the
symposium.
We're looking forward to your contributions for the symposium.

Seungkook Yun (HRI. US.)