[robotics-worldwide] Call for Papers - IROS 2011 Special Symposium on Mobile Manipulation

Sachin Chitta sachinc at willowgarage.com
Sun Mar 6 16:46:46 PST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a special symposium on mobile manipulation at IROS 2011.
If you are planning to submit a paper to IROS 2011 in mobile manipulation
and want it to be considered for inclusion in the symposium, please let us
know in advance the title, list of authors and brief abstract for the paper.
If possible, please get us this information on or before March 7, 2011.

The symposium will be a great destination for your state of the art research
in mobile manipulation. We look forward to your submissions.

Best Regards,
Sachin Chitta

(On behalf of the IROS 2011 Special Symposium on Mobile Manipulation
Organizers - Sachin Chitta, Max Bajracharya)

IROS 2011 will celebrate the last 50 years of robotics with a series of
special symposia. One of these symposia is on Mobile Manipulation. This
symposium will consist of a combination of invited talks by leading
researchers and practitioners in mobile manipulation and invited papers
addressing the state of the art in this field and future directions. Mobile
manipulation covers a wide variety of areas and we expect to showcase the
breadth of research happening in this exciting area at this symposium.

The symposium will cover both the theoretical and practical aspects of
mobile manipulation with a special focus on implementation on real-world
systems. The topics of interest for this symposium cover a wide-variety of
sub-fields in robotics but we will focus on work in these areas as applied
to mobile manipulation.

   * indoor mobile manipulation including personal and service robots
   * field (outdoor) mobile manipulation systems
   * space based manipulators
   * aerial manipulation systems
   * underwater manipulators
   * humanoid robots
   * perception
   * motion planning
   * control
   * task planning
   * human-robot interaction

*Plenary Speakers
*
   * Oliver Brock, TU Berlin

*Submissions
*
If you would like your IROS submission to be considered for being part of
the symposium, please send the organizers a title, list of authors and a
tentative abstract in advance (*on or before March 7th*, see contact details
below). We will work with the conference program committee to make the
assignment of papers to the symposium and conference sessions on the subject
of mobile manipulation. Please also look at the general list of instructions
for authors wanting to submit papers for the symposium.

The deadline for submission to IROS is March 14, 2011. Submission details
can be found at: http://www.iros2011.org/cfp.  We look forward to your
contributions for IROS 2011, Mobile Manipulation Special Symposium.

*Organizers
*
   * Sachin Chitta, Willow Garage
   * Max Bajracharya, JPL