[robotics-worldwide] Phd and Post-Doc Robot Learning positions at INRIA Bordeaux

Manuel Lopes manuel.lopes at inria.fr
Mon Mar 14 04:22:44 PDT 2011

We are seeking applications for phd students and/or postdocs in the area of developmental robotics and robot learning at INRIA. We are interested in developing robots that are able to learn novel skills and capable of natural and robust interaction with people. We are focusing our research on intelligent exploration techniques, robot learning and human-robot interaction.

The candidates will be involved in research in the areas of robot learning, human-robot interaction and multi-agent systems. The candidates must have strong mathematical competences, experience in robotics and programming proficiency (e.g. C/C++, Matlab, Python or Java). Knowledge of computer vision is a plus.

INRIA is a highly reputed french national center for computer science and automation. It has more than 3000 researchers and is distributed among 8 centers. These positions are for the Flowers Team at INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest.

Bordeaux is a growing city with a wonderful natural landscape, a very active city life and with a booming economy. Is has a very privileged location: 3h from Paris, 2h from Toulose, 30 minutes from the sea and 2hours from the Pyreness mountains. It has very good travel connections with fast trains and international flights including low-cost companies.

Interested candidates should send a CV, and email addresses of three references to Manuel Lopes at manuel.lopes at inria.fr .

Review of applications will begin from March 30 2011 and continue till the positions are filled.

http://flowers.inria.fr
http://www.inria.fr
http://www.bordeaux.fr/

Manuel Lopes - Researcher flowers.inria.fr/mlopes
FLOWERS team Phone: +33524574179
INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest, Bat. A29
351 Cours de la Libération
33405 Talence, Cedex, France