[robotics-worldwide] Software developers for multi-robot project

Jenkins, Odest Chadwicke odest_jenkins at brown.edu
Tue Mar 15 07:34:31 PDT 2011

The Brown University Robotics Group is looking for capable software
developers with a background in autonomous robotics, web development,
and/or computer vision for work on a current project involving
multi-robot coordination and robot learning.

Located in Providence, RI, the Brown Robotics Group conducts research
towards realizing robots and autonomous systems that are effective
collaborators for humans. Towards this end, our work explores problems
in human-robot interaction, robot learning, robot perception,
autonomous decision making, and mobile manipulation. Our approach to
these problems often uses techniques from machine learning.  Brown
Robotics aims to enable reproducibility and interoperability of our
research and development work within robotics and across society.
Brown Robotics is an active contributor to the ROS effort through our
brown-ros-pkg repository:

  http://code.google.com/p/brown-ros-pkg/

More information about Brown Robotics can be found on our website and
media channels:

  http://brown-robotics.org/
  http://www.youtube.com/user/brownrobotics
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/brownrobotics/

Interested individuals should email information describing their
relevant expertise to rlab-opportunities-mrmrf at cs.brown.edu, using the
subject line "Brown Robotics MRMRF Project".  The current time frame
for this project will run to the end of 2011, with the potential for
extended opportunities based on new findings.

Odest Chadwicke Jenkins, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Brown University, Box 1910