[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc researcher, persistent navigation, QUT Brisbane (Corke/Wyeth)

Peter Corke peter.corke at ieee.org
Wed Mar 16 20:48:30 PDT 2011

Postdoc researcher, persistent navigation, QUT Brisbane (Corke/Wyeth)

We are embarking on a new three year project into Persistent Robotic Navigation that seeks to create robotic systems that map and navigate autonomously in real world, dynamic environments throughout the robot’s entire lifetime – the problem of lifelong navigation. Using predominantly visual sensing we propose to develop and demonstrate navigation algorithms that cope with change by building maps that explicitly incorporate not only space, but also time.

Closing date April 4 2011
Details and application via the QUT recruitment site https://qut.nga.net.au and use position number 11112

----
Peter Corke | Professor | School of Engineering Systems
Faculty of Built Environment and Engineering | Queensland University of Technology
phone: + 61 7 3138 1794 | fax: + 61 7 3138 1469  | email: peter.corke at qut.edu.au
Gardens Point, S Block 1107 | 2 George Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000 | CRICOS No. 00213J
https://wiki.qut.edu.au/display/cyphy