[robotics-worldwide] Call for Papers: Special Symposium at IROS on AI and Learning Robots

Jeremy Wyatt jlw at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 24 04:07:12 PDT 2011

Call for Papers: IROS "50 Years of Robotics" Symposium on Artificial
Intelligence and Learning Robots
Special code: 57qQj

Deadline: March 28, 2011

IROS 2011 will feature a series of special symposia to celebrate the
achievements of the last fifty years of robotics and to articulate a
vision for the future of the field. We were invited to organize a
special symposium on "Artificial Intelligence and Learning Robots."
The symposium will begin with invited talks, and continue with regular
papers.

AI and robot learning have come a long way since the start of both
fields in the 1940s. The problems of how to create architectures that
link sensory information to high level planning, to have robots that
choose their own learning goals, to ground their own symbols, and the
problems of how to learn and act in uncertain environments are still
open ones. In this symposium we will look at where we are now, and
seek some tentative answers as to what the likely directions for
future work are.

If you are interested in submitting a paper to this symposium, please
use the special code 57qQj when submitting your paper via PaperPlaza.
Please note that all submissions for this symposium must be submitted
via PaperPlaza, will go through the standard IROS review process, and
will appear on IEEE Xplore as regular, refereed IROS papers.

Best regards,

Jeremy Wyatt, University of Birmingham, UK
Ben Kuipers, University of Michigan

--
Dr Jeremy L Wyatt
Intelligent Robotics Lab