[robotics-worldwide] CFP International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines AMAM 2011, October 11-14, 2011, Japan

Auke Jan Ijspeert auke.ijspeert at epfl.ch
Thu Mar 31 07:50:01 PDT 2011

*Extended deadline! now April 22, 2011

International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines  AMAM
2011*
*October 11-14, 2011*
*Awaji Yumebutai International Conference Center, Hyogo, Japan*

http://www-dsc.mech.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/AMAM2011

*April 22 (new deadline!), 2011 Submission of Abstracts
May 27, 2011 Feedback of results
July 1, 2011 Submission of Papers
October 11-14, 2011 Symposium in Awaji Island
*
Understanding mechanism for adaptive behavior of animals helps us
realizing adaptive
behavior of machines, and experimenting on machines to realize adaptive
behavior helps
us to find new view on biological systems. These two approaches are "two
wheels of a cart"
to understand the essence of adaptive intelligence. AMAM 2011 is the
fifth international
symposium dedicated on the interaction among researchers of such
interdisciplinary field.
They are covering neuromechanics, neurophysiology, biomechanics,
robotics, brain science,
and other field related to adaptive behavior of animals and machines.
Previous symposia
were held in Montreal, Canada (2000); Kyoto, Japan (2003); Ilmenau,
Germany (2005); and
Cleveland, USA (2008).

Accepted papers are presented in poster sessions to encourage the
interaction. Plenary
talks and some selected papers through the review process will be
presented in oral
sessions in a single track. We also schedule publishing a proceeding
book based on
recommendation of reviewers. We will have exciting laboratory bus tour
to Osaka and Kobe
Universities demonstrating the recent development of adaptive robots.

Abstract contributions are invited from all areas pertaining to adaptive
motion in animals and
machines. Visit the following link to find more about AMAM 2011. We are
very much
looking forward to seeing you soon.

http://www-dsc.mech.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/AMAM2011

Prof Auke Jan Ijspeert
Associate Professor

Laboratory of Biorobotics
EPFL-STI-IBI-BIOROB
EPFL, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
Station 14, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

Office: INN 237     Tel: +41 21 693 2658,    Fax: +41 21 693 3705
www:http://biorob.epfl.ch            Email:Auke.Ijspeert at epfl.ch