[robotics-worldwide] Computer-Integrated Surgery/surgical Robotics student workshop in Budapest (deadline May 20)

Haidegger, Tamas haidegger at eestec.hu
Sat May 14 17:54:56 PDT 2011

  Dear All,

Hope this letter finds you well.
EESTEC LC Budapest (MAVE) in cooperation with the Budapest University
of Technology and Economics proudly presents a week-long professional
event in Budapest, a place where future is present! The workshop is
sponsored by Siemens Healthcare, ACMIT and Contact Singapore. http://eestec.hu/cis

This is a unique opportunity for senior students  and young
researchers within the field of Computer-Integrated Surgery to meet
people from other organization and spend a week together at our workshop. This is an open call for anyone with background,  interested in the topic and feel curious
about it.

What?         Computer Integrated Surgery (CIS) workshop
Where?        Budapest (with social program at Lake Velence), Hungary
When?        June 17 - June 24, 2011 (including travelling dates)

Call can be reached at: http://eestec.hu/cis/CIS_call.pdf
Application form: http://eestec.hu/cis/CIS_Application_Form.doc

Participants will have to present their field of research or studies relevant to CIS. Applications must include a fully filled Application form (can be downloaded from
the link above), including the 2-page abstract supporting the proposed
presentation sent to cis2011 at eestec.hu by 20th May. Selection will be made based on scientific
merit and geographic variety.
Topics include (but are not limited to) medical robot systems, mechatronics and control, medical imaging, image
processing and registration, treatment planning, image-guided surgery, patient, rehabilitation and assistive robotics, surgery and diagnosis.
The academic program will take 5 days, including tutorials from professors visiting from all over the world; your presentation, university and Siemens labs tours.

Distinguished speakers include:
Gabor Fichtinger(Queens University)
Gernot Kronreif (ACMIT)
Peter Kazanzides(Johns Hopkins University)
Wolfgang Birkfellner(Medical University of Vienna)
Lena Maier-Hein (German Cancer Research Center)
Kevin Cleary (Children's National Medical Center)
Franjo Pernuš (University of Ljubljana)

Hands-on minimally-invasive surgical training session will also be included.
Abstract will be published in a printed proceedings.

After the hardworking days, we will take a train to our beloved lake
Velence, and have time to rest and enjoy the beautiful Hungarian
summer on the lakeside.

Participation fee is 150 EUR, including shared accommodation.

We are eagerly waiting for your application!

On behalf of all the organisers,
Tamas Haidegger
BME IIT / EESTEC LC Budapest

                         mailto:haidegger at eestec.hu