[robotics-worldwide] Harvard RoboBees project: postdoc opening

Radhika Nagpal rad at eecs.harvard.edu
Fri May 20 07:46:50 PDT 2011

The Harvard RoboBees project (http://robobees.seas.harvard.edu) is
funded through an NSF Expeditions in Computing grant and is developing
an colony of robotic bees for various applications. This project
involves a wide range of research themes in micro-scale robotics,
multi-agent systems, embedded computing, and novel programming models.
The RoboBees project has openings for postdoctoral researchers with
expertise in the following areas:
- Multi-robot estimation
- Swarm robotics
- Mobile sensor networks

The ideal candidate would have prior experience in one or more of the
following areas:
- Embedded hardware/software design
- Working with sensors and sensing/control algorithms on small aerial
robots

To apply, please send your CV, a research statement and the names of
two references to Karthik Dantu (kar at eecs.harvard.edu) with the
subject line"RoboBees postdoc application". Before applying for this
position, please read over the synopsis of the RoboBees project on our
website (http://robobees.seas.harvard.edu), and indicate in your
application how your research interests overlap with the specific
themes above. The successful candidate will work with the colony team
in the RoboBees
project with Prof. Radhika Nagpal and Prof. Greg Morrisett. The
application deadline is June 15, 2011. We hope to make decisions soon
thereafter and have the postdoc start in Fall 2011.

----
Radhika Nagpal
Associate Professor of Computer Science
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Harvard University
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~rad/