[robotics-worldwide] Open Positions at Meka Robotics

Aaron Edsinger edsinger at mekabot.com
Mon May 23 12:46:53 PDT 2011

Hello. We have two new positions open at Meka Robotics in San Francisco,
CA. Please send a CV to jobs at mekabot.com. Thanks!

--Aaron

Robotics Engineer
Meka Robotics seeks an experienced Robotics Engineer to work with our
talented engineering team in San Francisco, CA. The ideal candidate will
have a passion for robot hardware integration and will have a
multi-disciplinary background spanning ME, EE, and CS with particular
depth in real-time embedded software design. We seek a creative,
analytical, and disciplined engineer that thrives in a dynamic start-up
environment. Attention to detail and the ability to communicate
effectively within a small team are essential.

Job Requirements

    * MS in CS or EE or equivalent experience
    * 2+ years industry experience
    * Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
    * Demonstrated experience writing real-time communication protocols
and uC programming
    * Thorough knowledge of embedded programming and industry standard
practices
    * Demonstrated experience with Linux based real-time programming
    * Strong C/C++/Python programming skills
    * Experience with ROS and programming robot manipulators desired

Job Responsibilities

    * Manage the mechatronic integration of new hardware under development
    * Develop firmware for custom EtherCAT slaves
    * Develop standardized QA test procedures for hardware calibration
and validation.
    * Write ROS interfaces for new hardware
    * Support our engineering team on new design work.

This is a contract position (6 months) starting immediately with the
possibility of a full-time follow-on position.

Electrical Engineer for Robotics Project
Meka Robotics seeks an experienced Electrical Engineer to work with our
talented engineering team in San Francisco, CA.  The ideal candidate
will have both a passion for robotics and a strong background in
designing servo motor amplifiers, digital controllers, and writing
real-time embedded firmware. We seek a creative, analytical, and
disciplined engineer that thrives in a dynamic start-up environment.
Attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively within a
small team are essential.

Job Requirements

    * MSEE or equivalent experience
    * At least 5 years developing electronics and firmware for motor
control applications
    * Proven track record of designing released products
    * Demonstrated experience designing BLDC power amplifiers and coding
advanced commutation techniques
    * Demonstrated experience designing durable and safety compliant
electrical power systems for consumer type devices
    * Demonstrated experience designing and programming real-time
embedded digital control systems
Job Responsibilities
    * Design a compact and modular motor control board with 4Q BLDC
current control and sensor acquisition
    * Develop a robot power management system
    * Co-develop embedded firmware to integrate the power and controller
systems
    * Verify/document the design according to industry standards

This is a contract position (4-8 months) starting immediately with the
possibility of a full-time follow-on position.

--
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
Meka Robotics