[robotics-worldwide] 2 postdoc positions in environmental computer vision

Peter Corke peter.corke at ieee.org
Sun Nov 6 01:29:46 PDT 2011

We are seeking two postdoctoral fellows in computer vision to initiate a new research activity in Environmental Computer Vision (ECV).   ECV will apply advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques to the problems of monitoring the state of the natural world, in particular classifying, counting and measuring micro and macro organisms (eg. plankton, insects, fish, coral reefs, plants, etc.).  Our environmental vision systems are intended to be deployed in varied environments (land, air, water surface and under water), may be fixed or carried by robots, and may perform computations locally, remotely or in distributed fashion.

The successful applicants will be part of NICTA's computer vision discipline and have ample opportunity to interact with other NICTA research groups around Australia.  The researchers will be based NICTA’s Queensland Research Laboratory in Brisbane.  The laboratory has several satellite locations, and we intend to locate the successful applicants at Queensland University of Technology, co-located with the CyberPhysical Systems (CyPhy) laboratory, working under the direction of Professor Peter Corke.

To apply please go to the NICTA recruitment page at:

https://nicta.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=90&company_id=16182&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=993267&startflag=1