[robotics-worldwide] post-doc opening in robotic sensor networks

Volkan Isler isler at cs.umn.edu
Thu Nov 10 18:16:08 PST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for a post-doc for a new NSF project on building a network
of robotic boats to locate and track radio-tagged invasive fish:
http://cse.umn.edu/admin/comm/newsreleases/2011_10_17_carp-locating-robot.php

We plan to build the network here in the Twin Cities metro area lakes and
deploy it at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. The project touches on
many interesting and challenging problems in distributed search, tracking,
sensing and estimation as well as computer systems (especially energy and
communication) and fish biology. Therefore, we are open to candidates from
a variety of research backgrounds. We're especially interested in
applicants with field experience.

You can apply online at
employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=99174

or visit
http://employment.umn.edu/
and search for
Requisition Number: 175160

A good place to learn more about the University of Minnesota and Twin
Cities is this webpage:
http://www1.umn.edu/wishyouwerehere/

Please feel free to email me for further information.

Best regards,
Volkan

--
I. Volkan Isler