[robotics-worldwide] Robotics Software Engineer
edsinger at mekabot.com
Thu Nov 17 19:12:45 PST 2011
San Francisco based Meka Robotics (www.mekabot.com) is developing world
class humanoid robots and innovative robotic technologies in
collaboration with leading research labs. A spin-off from MIT CSAIL,
Meka is dedicated to developing the robots of tomorrow that will work
alongside people in the home and the workplace.
Meka is seeking a Robotics Software Engineer to lead the design and
delivery of customer facing software for our humanoid robot and mobile
manipulator systems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing
beautifully structured code and in depth experience programming robots
in ROS and Linux environments.
* Manage the on-going design of the Meka M3 real-time control software
* Develop ROS based client interfaces for the Meka product line
* Integrate ROS based perception and planning packages into the Meka
* Produce and maintain user documentation for Meka software packages
* Support integration of novel actuator and sensor systems into our
RTAI Linux control system
* Manage the SQA within the company
* Develop exciting demo applications the Meka product line
* MS in CS or equivalent experience
* In depth experience writing ROS software packages
* Demonstrated ability to design elegant software architectures and
* Experience with kinematics and dynamics of robot manipulators
* Strong ability to write clean C++ and Python code under Linux
* Experience interfacing with real-time software and embedded
firmware a plus
* Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
* Creative, analytical, and disciplined
* Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines
* Great team player able to communicate effectively and perform with
in a dynamic start-up environment
This is a full time position in San Francisco available immediately.
Please submit a resume and any supporting materials such as code samples
and portfolios to jobs (at) mekabot.com .
No phone calls please.
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
San Francisco, CA
More information about the robotics-worldwide