[robotics-worldwide] Fwd: Software developer required at exciting London robotics company

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Tue Oct 4 07:13:03 PDT 2011

Hi,
Would it be possible to post this job offer on the mailing list?
Thanks,
Ugo

_______________________

Junior Software Developer

-----
- Job description -

The role of software engineers at Shadow Robot Ltd is to advance
robotic embedded systems, by implementing new solutions and
algorithms, in order to realize complex tasks with a complex robots.
Think about all the knowledge and skills a human requires to lift a
simple glass of water, and try to imagine how you'd implement that
with a highly sophisticated robotic system.

Should you join our team your job would centre on developing host side
software for our robotic hand systems. Your list of tasks could for
example, include implementing drivers for new tactile finger tip
sensors, adding auto diagnostics to the robot and developing simulated
and real life robotic systems.

Overall your goal will be making our robotic systems more reliable and
easier to use for our customers.

In the longer term, you'd also be involved in different European
Projects developing robotic technologies in many fields such as in
hand manipulation, new 3D sensors and robotics for use in hazardous
environments.

-----
- Company  -
We're a small central London based company formed in 1987 with a well
established reputation for developing top end robotic systems. Our
core product is our robotic Hand, but we're also involved in a list of
Robotics based projects for research, nuclear, MOD, space and other
applications.

We're a close knit team, all passionate about robotics and will be
happy to share our knowledge in different domains, ranging from
electronics to manufacturing.

Shadow Robot's mission is to build the most advanced robotic systems
in the world.

-----
- Skills -
Must have:
- highly proficient in C++
- good knowledge of programming under Linux

Nice to have:
- good programming skills in python
- previous experience or keen interest in robotics
- previous experience using ROS (www.ros.org)
- good knowledge of DVCS
- experience programming in Qt

-----
- Experience -
- 2 to 4 years programming experience.

____

If you're interested, please send an email with your resume and a
cover letter at ugo at shadowrobot.com and gavin at shadowrobot.com

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot