[robotics-worldwide] IEEE-RAS Map Data Representation WG Workshop @ CASE 2012 August 20, 2012

Raj Madhavan madhavan.ieeeras at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 07:40:45 PDT 2012

IEEE Robotics and Automation Society's Standing Committee on Standards
Activities (IEEE RAS-SCSA) is organizing a workshop "Industry Practices
on Map Data Representation for Robot Navigation" during the CASE 2012
(http://www.case2012.org) conference being held in Seoul. The event will
be held on *August 20th*.

You can find a detailed program of the workshop by visiting
http://www.case2012.org/menu/WorkshopsTutorials.html. In this workshop,
you will hear practical use cases using robot maps from industry. Also,
we have invited two key persons who actively work in OGC and ISO for
standardizing map services for nomadic
devices.

The workshop presentations and discussions will be seriously considered
to be included in our current activity of developing the Map Data
Representation (MDR) standard specifications. Anyone is welcome to
attend the workshop. We hope to see you in Seoul.

Organizers

* Wonpil Yu, Robot/Cognitive System Research Department, ETRI,
Gajeong-dong, Yuseong-gu 161, Daejeon, Korea. Tel: +82-42-860-1782,
<ywp at etri.re.kr>

* Geoffrey Biggs, Intelligent Systems Research Institute, National
Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan.
<geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp>

* Raj Madhavan, Vice President, IEEE-RAS Industrial Activities Board &
Chair of Standing Committee for Standards Activities, University of
Maryland, College Park, USA. <raj.madhavan at ieee.org>