[robotics-worldwide] Job Openings: Researchers, Research Engineers, Research Assistants, Technicians – Robotics & Networking
Dr. LAM, Tin Lun
tinlun.lam at csst.com
Thu Aug 9 22:34:21 PDT 2012
Job Openings: Researchers, Research Engineers, Research Assistants,
Technicians – Robotics & Networking
Employer: CSST Research Hong Kong
Job location: Hong Kong/Shenzhen
Date Posted: Aug. 10, 2012
Date Expires: Oct. 15, 2012
Intelligent Robotics Research Center at CSST Research Hong Kong is looking
for international highly motivated and dedicated researchers and developers
with strong passion and experiences in the areas of robotics and networking
to join our team as Researcher, Research Engineer, Research Assistant or
Tasks & Responsibilities
The researchers and developers will work towards creating cutting-edge
robotic systems and turn it into products employed in smart cities. We are
particularly interested in candidates who have
- Strong experiences and passion for robotics research.
- Strong understanding of existing technology and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and execute on a
research project effectively.
- Demonstrated potentials for making world-class research impact
or moving technology innovation into products.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsibilities of the jobs involve:
- Research, develop and apply cutting-edge robotic technologies
into smart cities.
- Collaborate with universities, research institutes and companies
to conduct research.
- Understand market’s requirement and develop potential solutions.
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas, share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers,
presentations to research staff.
- Publish in relevant top journals and conferences, contribute to
CSST’s patent portfolio.
Knowledge & Skills Numbers of positions in different area and levels are
now open. The keywords of the desired knowledge and skills are listed below:
- Mobile platform (ground, ocean and aerial); Manipulator
(compliant, flexible); Mechanical and appearance design; Finite element
analysis; Human-machine interface; Fluid dynamics.
- Robotic actuation; Wireless communication (Wifi, 3G/4G,
Satellite); Sensors development; Circuit design; Multimedia (video, sound);
Human-machine interface; Renewable energy harvesting.
- ARM, DSP, FPGA; Embedded Linux operating system, Android; Real
time operating system (RTOS); Android/iOS apps programming; Network
- Web server programming; Web API; Video conferencing; Instant
Messaging; Web interfacing; Network architecture and infrastructure.
- Real time face detection and localization; Real time motion
recognition; Visual navigation; Image stabilization; Camera calibration;
Optics device; Virtual reality; Augmented reality.
- Kinematics and dynamics modeling and simulation; Data fusion;
Motion control; Path planning; navigation; Human-machine interface; Energy
Salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and
experience. CSST Research Hong Kong is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You have the potential to become part of a talented team, work on rewarding
projects, excel in your career and bring a new era of robotics to the
world. Interested candidates should submit
1. a cover letter stating clearly the position and area applying for,
briefly describing your background, area of interest and career plans,
2. a CV outlining experience and qualifications,
3. a statement of research interests and plans,
4. and a list of publications (if any).
to tinlun.lam at csst.com, quoting “Job CSST Robotics” in the email subject.
These documents should be submitted as a single pdf document. The position
is open for immediate starting. Review of applications begins now, and will
go on until the posts are filled.
CSST Research Hong Kong is CSST Corporation's advanced research institute
in Hong Kong. By attracting the best talent across the globe, the lab
conducts both fundamental and application research across multiple
disciplines, including smart robot, intelligent car, green energy, pattern
recognition and others. The driving demands come from its focus in
contributing research advancements to CSST Smarter City strategy. As a
pioneering industry research laboratory, CSST Research Hong Kong dedicates
to develop innovative technologies through collaborations with other CSST
business units, clients, partners, government and universities. CSST is a
leading provider for safe city, digit city and smart city solutions in
China. It has about 9,000 employees and 14 business units including over 40
companies and 150 offices worldwide.
More information about the robotics-worldwide