[robotics-worldwide] Job Openings: Research Fellows, Research Associates, Research Assistants, Technicians – Intelligent Vehicles
Dr. Jingyu YAN
jingyuyan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:49:20 PDT 2012
Employer: CSST Research Hong Kong
Job location: Hong Kong/Shenzhen
Date Posted: Aug. 10, 2012
Date Expires: Oct. 15, 2012
Intelligent Vehicles Research Center at CSST Research Hong Kong is looking
for international highly motivated and dedicated researchers and developers
with strong passion and experiences in the areas of Intelligent vehicles to
join our team as Research Fellows, Research Associates, Research
Assistants, or Technicians.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The researchers and developers will work towards creating cutting-edge
intelligent vehicles as well as vehicle-mounted intelligent systems, and
turn it into products employed in smart cities. We are particularly
interested in candidates who have
- Strong experiences and passion for intelligent vehicles research.
- Strong understanding of existing technology and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and execute on a
research project effectively.
- Demonstrated potentials for making world-class research impact
or moving technology innovation into products.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsibilities of the jobs involve:
- Research, develop and apply cutting-edge intelligent vehicle
technologies into smart cities.
- Collaborate with universities, research institutes and companies
to conduct research.
- Understand market’s requirement and develop potential solutions.
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas, share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers,
presentations to research staff.
- Publish in relevant top journals and conferences, contribute to
CSST’s patent portfolio.
Knowledge & Skills Numbers of positions in different area and levels are
now open. The keywords of the desired knowledge and skills are listed below:
- Powertrain design, selection of key parts
- Motor and motor controller, battery and battery management
system, vehilce management system
- Electric vehicle body design and analysis
- Electric vehicle chassis design and analysis
- Active and passive safety systems
- Autonomous driving, path planning
- Driving behavior analysis and learning
- Intelligent and friendly human-vehicle interface
- Vehicle networking, V2V, V2I, V2internet
Salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and
experience. CSST Research Hong Kong is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You have the potential to become part of a talented team, work on rewarding
projects, excel in your career and bring a new era of intelligent vehilces
to the world. Interested candidates should submit
1. a cover letter stating clearly the position and area applying for,
briefly describing your background, area of interest and career plans,
2. a CV outlining experience and qualifications,
3. a statement of research interests and plans,
4. and a list of publications (if any).
to jingyu.yan at csst.com, quoting “Job CSST Intelligent Vehicles - Name -
Current company or univeiristy” in the email subject. These documents
should be submitted as a single pdf document. The position is open for
immediate starting. Review of applications begins now, and will go on until
the posts are filled.
CSST Research Hong Kong is CSST Corporation's advanced research institute
in Hong Kong. By attracting the best talent across the globe, the
lab conducts both fundamental and application research across multiple
disciplines, including smart robot, intelligent car, green energy,
pattern recognition and others. The driving demands come from its focus in
contributing research advancements to CSST Smarter City strategy. As
a pioneering industry research laboratory, CSST Research Hong Kong
dedicates to develop innovative technologies through collaborations with
other CSST business units, clients, partners, government and universities.
CSST is a leading provider for safe city, digit city and smart city
solutions in China. It has about 9,000 employees and 14 business units
including over 40 companies and 150 offices worldwide.
Dr. Jingyu YAN
Vice president / Director of intelligent vehicles research center
Smart China Research
Email: jingyu.yan at csst.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide