[robotics-worldwide] 1st Announcement: 6th International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines (AMAM)

Marc Deisenroth marc at cs.washington.edu
Mon Aug 20 03:10:46 PDT 2012

==== BEGIN == FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AMAM2013 ====

6th International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines
(AMAM)
March 11-14, 2013, Darmstadt, Germany
www.amam2013.org

The organizing team (Lauflabor Locomotion Lab, IAS - intelligent
autonomous systems - and SIM - simulation system optimization and
robotics group) at the Technische Universität Darmstadt enthusiastically
invites you to participate in the AMAM 2013 Symposium, to be held March
11-14, 2013, at the Lichtenberg Haus, Darmstadt, Germany. This meeting
is supported and is organized within the framework of the EU project
Locomorph (www.locomorph.eu).

Scope and aims of the meeting:
Understanding adaptive motion in humans and animals can help to improve
the adaptive behavior of machines. On the other hand, experiments with
technical devices that adapt to a changing environment can shed more
light on the basic principles of biological systems. We believe that
such a bidirectional approach is essential to incorporate biological
"intelligence" in machines. With the AMAM 2013 meeting we encourage
researchers from different fields to interact and exchange ideas in this
interdisciplinary field. For a list of the preceding AMAM meetings,
please visit:
adaptivemotion.org

The AMAM is a medium-size meeting (typically 60-120 participants). We
aim at creating a stimulating atmosphere for intense interactions and
fruitful discussions amongst participants. Ideally, by the
interdisciplinary character of the symposium, participants widen their
perspective and get stimulated for new ideas and approaches that lead to
advancements in the field of adaptive motions of animals and machines.

Submission:
We invite to submit short abstracts for oral presentation, poster
presentation and hardware demonstration (for details please visit
www.amam2013.org). Additionally, suggestions for tutorials on topics
related to adaptive motions in biology and robotics are very welcome.

Scientific board:
Koh Hosoda, Auke Ijspeert, Hiroshi Kimura, Roy Ritzmann, Josef Schmitz,
Andre Seyfarth, Hartmut Witte

Important Dates / Deadlines:

Abstracts submission (for talk/poster/hardware presentation/proposal for
tutorial): 30 November 2012.

Acceptance notification: 31 December 2012

Extended abstract submission: 31 January 2013

Early Registration: 31 January 2013
Final Registration: 28 February 2013

Please forward this announcement to colleagues who may be interested in
attending this symposium. Looking forward to seeing you in Darmstadt in
2013!

For questions please contact Frank Peuker (email:
peuker at sport.tu-darmstadt.de)