[robotics-worldwide] Post-Doc & Research Scientist Positions in Robotics and Perception at Georgia Tech

Mike Stilman mstilman at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 31 18:14:42 PDT 2012

The Georgia Institute of Technology Humanoid Robotics Group, led by Prof.
Mike Stilman, Prof. Aaron Bobick and Prof. Magnus Egerstedt, are looking
for experienced hard-working researchers. Our goal is to develop a
humanoid robot platform such as the HUBO humanoid robot (now available at
Georgia Tech) to achieve novel skills such as moving clutter out of the
way and cutting through walls. These skills will closely resemble the
DARPA Robot Challenge Events 3 and 6 as described in the DRC BAA:

https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=74d674ab011d5954c7a46b9c21597f30

Talented, hard-working researchers who are interested in such topics
should contact Prof. Mike Stilman at (mstilman at cc.gatech.edu) with their
resumes and any additional supporting information.

We are keenly interested in individuals with experience in Planning,
Control and Perception for articulated robot systems. Humanoid experience
is desirable but not necessary.

In particular we seek:

- A researcher with a strong background in planning and control for
articulated robots. Background in hybrid controls, motion planning and
C/C++ programming will strengthen the candidacy.

- A researcher with a strong background in combining perception algorithms
and planning (or control) for articulated robots. Extensive experience
with perception algorithms, the use of ROS are strongly encouraged.

Please contact Prof. Mike Stilman at (mstilman at cc.gatech.edu) as soon as
possible (preferably before Sept. 7) if you are interested in
participating in our exciting new developments.

Best Regards,

Mike Stilman, Aaron Bobick, Magnus Egerstedt
Robotics and Intelligent Machines
Georgia Institute of Technology
email: mstilman at cc.gatech.edu
cell:  (650)283-4284