[robotics-worldwide] CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: HAMLYN SYMPOSIUM ON MEDICAL ROBOTICS
k.kerr at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 05:27:06 PST 2012
I would be grateful if you could post this call to your circulation list.
Karen Kerr, PhD
Division of Surgery
Department of Surgery and Cancer
Imperial College London
Tel: 020 3312 7631
We are pleased to announce the call for abstracts for The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics to be held on 23rd-24th of June 2013 at the Royal Academy of Engineering. Please follow the link for further details on the Symposium at http://www.hamlyn-robotics.org/. Please note that workshops will be held on 25th June 2013 at the Imperial College London Campus and further details will follow in due course.
The theme for this year's Symposium is "co-operative control and perceptual docking" towards intelligent, safe, and accessible technologies.
Topics to be addressed by the symposium include, but are not limited to:
· Co-operative Control and Perceptual Docking
· Clinical highlights in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic and Paediatric Surgery
· Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
· Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
· Flexible Robotics
· Human robot interaction and ergonomics
· Intra-operative imaging and biophotonics for robotic surgery
· Mechatronic designs for medical robotics
· Medical image computing and computer assisted intervention
· Medical robotics for NOTES
· Microbot design and applications
· Smart Instruments
· Surgical navigation and augmented reality systems
· Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
· 20 March 2013 - Paper Submission Deadline
· 29 April 2013 - Acceptance of Papers
· 20 May 2013 - Camera Ready Copy
· 23 June 2013 - Symposium Day 1
· 24 June 2013 - Symposium Day 2
· 25 June 2013 - Workshops
Submission of Papers:
Submissions are accepted on Clinical topics (no longer than 1 page) and Technical topics (no longer than 2 pages long, including figures and references). More information about the paper format and submissions can be found at the Hamlyn Symposium website at www.hamlyn-robotics.org. All papers need to be submitted electronically via the Symposium submission website, https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/HSMR2013/.
Abstracts will be reviewed by members of the program review committee and assessed for quality and best means of presentation. Best papers will be selected for full publication in a special supplement in the Journal of Robotic Surgery.
The Hamlyn Symposium attracts annually world leading scientists, engineers and clinicians from a wide range of disciplines associated with medical robotics and surgery. Similar to last years, we are expecting a series of invited talks from distinguished speakers who will provide great insights into cutting edge developments in the fields of robotics and medical technologies.
We look forward to receiving your abstract and welcoming you to the 6th Hamlyn Symposium in June 2013.
Hamlyn Symposium Committee
More information about the robotics-worldwide