[robotics-worldwide] Job Opening: Robotics Scientist at Smart China Research Institute
Dr. LAM, Tin Lun
tinlun.lam at csst.com
Fri Dec 21 01:23:50 PST 2012
Job Opening: Robotics Scientist at Smart China Research Institute
Job location: Hong Kong
Intelligent Robotics Research Centre at Smart China Research Institute is
looking for international highly motivated and dedicated research
scientistsand developers with strong passion and experience in the
areas of robotics
to join our team.
- Develop and apply cutting-edge robotic technologies into smart
- Collaborate with universities, research institutes and companies
to conduct research.
- Understand market’s requirement and develop potential solutions.
- Stay current with latest research and technology ideas, share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers,
presentations to research staff.
- Publish in relevant top journals and conferences, contribute to
Smart China Research Institute’s patent portfolio.
Job Requirement / Qualification:
- Strong experience and passion for robotics research and
development in the area of mechanical design, control, robotic vision or
- Strong understanding of existing technology and trends
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and execute on a
research project effectively
- Demonstrated potentials for making world-class research impact
and moving innovative technology into products
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- PhD degree in relevant disciplines
You have the potential to become part of a talented team, work on rewarding
projects, excel in your career and bring a new era of robotics to the
world. Interested candidates should submit
1. a cover letter stating clearly the area applying for, briefly
describing your background, area of interest and career plans,
2. a CV outlining experience and qualifications, current and expected
3. and a list of publications.
to hr at smartchinaholdings.com. These documents must be submitted in a single
PDF document. The position is open for immediate starting. Review of
applications begins now, and will go on until the posts are filled.
Smart China Research Institute (
http://www.smartchinaholdings.com/en/index.aspx) is located in Hong Kong
Science Park and adjacent to the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It pools
the R&D elites at home and abroad, and is dedicated to become the world’s
leading research institute in smart city-related technology. Currently, its
research fields mainly cover intelligent robots, smart cars, green energy,
etc. It offers the integrated solutions and powerful technical support to
smart city construction through the strategic cooperation with the numerous
customers and partners, governments, various high-end institutions, etc.
More information about the robotics-worldwide