[robotics-worldwide] Proposal of Organized Session on Robot Audition at IROS 2013

gokhan ince gokhanince at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 00:51:21 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Please accept our apology if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

We plan to have the 10th organized session on robot audition at the International Conference
on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2013) in Tokyo Big Sight, Japan (November 3-7).

The organized (invited) session on robot audition
includes the following topics to achieve robot audition:

 * sound source localization
 * sound source tracking
 * sound source separation
 * automatic speech recognition
 * pitch extraction
 * noise reduction
 * dereverberation
 * music recognition
 * music robot
 * music interaction with robot
 * sound classification & identification
 * dialog control and systems
 * language acquisition
 * speech understanding
 * computational auditory scene analysis
 * multi-modal integration
 * system integration
 * active audition
 * microphone array processing
 * sound map generation/sound-based SLAM
 * sound/speech-based human-robot interaction
 * software environment for robot audition
 * sound visualization
 * embedded hardware system
 * any other audio related topics

So far, the organized sessions have provided an excellent opportunity
for fruitful discussions on the latest auditory/sound/speech processing for
robots. We believe that the organized session also
stimulates this research area and contributes to robotics.

If you are interested in presenting your paper in this organized
session, please send the following information (you can change the
information on your paper submission.) by Jan 11, 2013 to
gokhan.ince_at_itu.edu.tr (_at_ should be replaced with @).

 * paper title(s)
 * author(s) and affiliation(s)
( + paper ID (if you have already submitted a paper))

After our proposal for this organized session is accepted, we will send
instructions for submission. Then, you can submit your paper to the
organized paper submission area via Paperplaza by Mar 15, 2013. The
review process and schedule will be the same as those of regular
papers.

For general information on organized sessions at IROS 2013, please
check the link below
http://www.iros2013.org/
Because each session should consist of 6 papers, we may propose
multiple sessions to cover all accepted papers.

Sincerely yours,

 Hiroshi G. Okuno
   (Kyoto University, Japan)
 Kazuhiro Nakadai
   (Honda Research Institute Japan Co., Ltd./Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
 Gokhan Ince
   (Istanbul Technical University, Turkey)
 Patrick Danes
   (LAAS-CNRS & Universite de Toulouse, France)
 Makoto Kumon
   (Kumamoto University, Japan)
 Satoshi Kagami
   (AIST, Japan)
 Francois Michaud
   (Sherbrooke University, Canada)

----
Gokhan Ince, Ph.D.
 Istanbul Technical University,
 Faculty of Computer and Informatics,
 Maslak, 34469, Istanbul, Turkey
 TEL: +90-212-2856956 ext.6986  FAX: +90-212-2853682