[robotics-worldwide] Dynamic Walking 2012: Deadline Extension

Jonathan Hurst jonathan.hurst at oregonstate.edu
Tue Feb 14 15:10:30 PST 2012

Dear Roboticists,

Due to numerous requests, we have extended the abstract submission
deadline for Dynamic Walking 2012 to Tuesday, February 21st.  Those
who have already submitted abstracts may edit their submission.  Also,
please feel free to submit PDFs in whatever format you feel best
explains your proposed talk or poster, including figures, if you wish.

Jonathan Hurst
Jerry Pratt
Greg Sawicki

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Jonathan Hurst
<jonathan.hurst at oregonstate.edu> wrote:
> *************************
> Dynamic Walking 2012
> http://dynamicwalking.org/dw2012/
> Pensacola Beach Hilton, Florida, USA, May 21-25, 2012
> *************************
>
> CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
>
> The Dynamic Walking conference brings together researchers studying
> animal walking or running and researchers designing legged robots,
> exoskeletons, or prosthetics to gain insight into the fundamental
> principles that underlie legged locomotion. Topics central to dynamic
> walking include energetics, stability and control, predictive
> principles and models, dynamic modeling, empirical data with a
> conceptual tie in, and robot successes and failures. The dynamic
> walking approach puts less emphasis on vision, navigation, or
> kinematic motion planning. Participation is limited to approximately
> 100-120 people to maximize quality, exchange of ideas, and potential
> for future collaborations.  Participation by graduate students is
> encouraged.
>
> The organizing committee for the 2012 Dynamic Walking Conference
> requests abstracts for presentations.  There will be a variety of
> 30-minute and 15-minute talks, 5-minute lightning talks, and poster
> presentations.  We also encourage robot, exoskeleton, and prosthetic
> demonstrations.  Presenters should submit an abstract and indicate the
> preferred format of presentation.
>

> Important Dates:
> Abstract Submission: Feb. 14
> Acceptance notifications: March 2
> Hardware Demo Submissions: April 1
> Extended Abstracts for conference proceedings: May 1
>

> Organizing Committee:
>
> Jerry Pratt, DW 2012 General Chair
> Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
>
> Jonathan Hurst, DW 2012 Robotics Chair
> Oregon State University
>
> Greg Sawicki, DW 2012 Biomechanics Chair
> North Carolina State University

Jonathan W. Hurst
Assistant Professor
School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering
Oregon State University
204 Rogers Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331-6001

jonathan.hurst at oregonstate.edu