[robotics-worldwide] Lead Mechatronics Engineer, Control Systems and Automation Group Job Posting
reachmikehandy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 03:42:08 PST 2012
Location: Watkins, CO USA
Job Purpose: This role will provide leadership and expertise in the design of
robotic/automated systems, and manage projects within a research
environment as applicable to the development of systems and equipment
used in the manufacture and delivery of bulk and packaged explosives and their precursors.
· Lead a group who’s responsibility is the design, development and testing of innovative manufacturing and delivery systems
· Manage mechatronic/robotics vendors and projects
· Identify improvement opportunities in existing manufacturing and construction
processes via the use of mechatronics, robotics and automation
· Ensure designs and novel technologies are robust through the use of appropriate design and testing methodologies
· Foster a culture of SHE excellence
Education and Experience:
· Robotics /Mechatronics Engineering or similar, bachelors or higher qualification.
· 5 to 7 years relevant industrial and leadership experience.
· Solid foundation in mobile robotics and robotic manipulators, theory and practical application
· Project management.
· People management.
· Absolutely must have a willingness and aptitude to learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
· Development and execution of test plans – experience with a quality standard is a plus.
· Working knowledge of mechanical system design and modelling (SolidWorks is a plus).
· Influence over R&D spend
· International travel up to 30%.
· Infrequent field work that may require visits to underground and surface mines.
· Up to 2 direct reports, and some management of external contractors.
· Reports to the Research Program Manager – Control Systems and Automation Group
* Mike Handy, Technical Recruiter
* mikehandy at technisource.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide