[robotics-worldwide] Reminder: IARP Workshop "Cognitive Robotics in Surgery" - 26th-28th January 2012 in Heidelberg/Karlsruhe, Germany

Roland Unterhinninghofen roland.unterhinninghofen at kit.edu
Wed Jan 11 02:33:15 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

it is with great pleasure that we send you the attached final program of the “First International Workshop on Cognitive Robotics in Surgery” to be held 26th to 28th January 2012 in Heidelberg and Karlsruhe, Germany.

This workshop is organized within the International Advanced Robotics Programme (IARP). The purpose is to review and discuss developments and critical issues in cognitive robotics for surgery that remain challenging, unsolved, or unaddressed.

Specific topics include but are not limited to:

- Knowledge- and Model-Based Surgery

- Perception – Interpretation - Action

- Telerobotics for MIS

- Endorobotics

- Multimodal Tumor Therapy with robots

- Navigation and Registration for MIS

- Semantics for robotic surgery

- Context-aware surgical assistance

- Surgical skill assessment

We would be happy to welcome you in Heidelberg. Please see attached document for program, registration, and travel information.

Please note that we have advanced the beginning of the workshop by one hour compared to the preliminary program.

The Organization Committee

Heinz Wörn, Ruediger Dillmann, Hans-Peter Meinzer, Markus Buechler, Roland Unterhinninghofen, Stefanie Speidel, Oliver Weede

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)

Institut für Anthropomatik - IAIM

Humanoids and Intelligence Systems Lab

Dr.-Ing. Roland Unterhinninghofen
Group Leader Medical Engineering

Adenauerring 2  (Gebäude 50.20, Raum 326)

76131 Karlsruhe

Telefon: +49 721 608-47111

Fax:         +49 721 608-48270

E-Mail:      <mailto:christine.brand at kit.edu> roland.unterhinninghofen at kit.edu

his.anthropomatik.kit.edu

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und nationales Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft