[robotics-worldwide] open tenure-track position at Aalborg University, Denmark

Volker Krüger vok at m-tech.aau.dk
Tue Jan 17 05:38:11 PST 2012

Tenure track Assistant professor positions in robotics and automation at Aalborg University Copenhagen.

While presently located in the outskirts of Copenhagen, in spring 2012 the Copenhagen Campus of Aalborg University will move into the former NOKIA building in central Copenhagen (google for "Nokia, Copenhangen"). Copenhagen is known as one of the major biking cities in Europe, and it is one of the cities with highest quality of life worldwide. Being the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen offers everything from sports to music and concerts, leisure and lifestyle. Copenhagen is a very young and international city and great for singles as well as for families with children. Copenhagen is a seaside city and offers beaches and water sports on one side of the city and hiking and biking in the beautiful Danish countryside on the other side of the city.

We are looking for a candidate who has done a PhD in the field of robotics and robot control and  statistical machine learning.
The research group is very young and very active with a large number of national and international projects.
We are concerned with bringing advanced robot technology and concepts such as learning by demonstration and highly flexible and mobile robots into the factory halls, see as examples
http://tapas.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/index.html
http://www.echord.info/wikis/website/gisa

Collaboration with companies and educational activities are further important corner stones in our group.
You should be interested in working with students. This includes teaching as well as student project and thesis supervision. AAU is worldwide known for the problem-based teaching model:
http://www.en.aau.dk/About+Aalborg+University/The+Aalborg+model+for+problem+based+learning+(PBL)
In this model, students get to apply in each semester the theory of the lectures in large semester projects.

Further information about our research group can be found under:
http://www.m-tech.aau.dk/Research+Groups/Robotics+and+Automation/
http://www.robotics.aau.dk/

---
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Volker Krueger
Lab for Computer Vision and Machine Intelligence, Dept. of Production
Copenhagen Inst. of Technology, Aalborg University
Lautrupvang 1A
2750 Ballerup, Denmark
email: vok at cvmi.aau.dk<mailto:vok at cvmi.aau.dk>
web: www.cvmi.aau.dk/~vok<http://www.cvmi.aau.dk/~vok>