[robotics-worldwide] IHMC: Robotics Researcher Controls System Developer
bLayton at ihmc.us
Fri Jan 27 07:26:14 PST 2012
Position: Robotics Researcher Controls System Developer
Starting Date: Negotiable
Location: Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC), Pensacola, FL
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Job Description: IHMC is a not-for-profit research institute with a project working on exoskeletons for mobility assistance. This is a full time position for an algorithm and software developer for our robotic exoskeletons. Information about this project can be seen at www.ihmc.us\mina. IHMC is an EEO/AA Employer.
· -Minimum of Bachelor’s (Master’s is preferred) degree in mechanical, electrical, or computer science engineering.
· -Minimum of 2 years of experience writing software for controlling robots.
· -Minimum of 2 years of experience programming in Java or similar object oriented language.
· -Knowledge of standard control theory, robot kinematics, dynamics, control concepts, and mechatronics.
· -Experience working with, trouble shooting, and fixing mechatronic hardware, including, motors, amplifiers, encoders, force sensors, and embedded computers.
· -Work authorization for the United States including ability to access Federal facilities.
Expected Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000 depending on experience.
To Apply: Email to robotjobs at ihmc.us with the subject line: Exo-software 2012. You must include the following items below to be considered for this position:
b) Cover letter
c) Description of at least one robotic system you have written software for.
Additional materials to submit include:
d) Academic papers you have authored.
e) Sample code you have written.
f) Thesis or dissertation document.
Applicants not meeting all of the requirements or not submitting all of the required application materials will not be considered.
More information about the robotics-worldwide