[robotics-worldwide] RSS 2012: Web Proceedings are now available

Dylan Shell dylan.shell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 21:08:17 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

It is a great pleasure for me to announce to you that the on-line
proceedings of the forthcoming Robotics, Science and Systems (RSS'12)
conference are now openly accessible at
http://www.roboticsproceedings.org

The conference will take place from July 9th through to July 13th in
Sydney, Australia. I hope we can meet there and enjoy both the
beautiful surroundings and the cutting-edge technical work. The
program is now online at
http://roboticsconference.org/pmwiki/index.php?n=Main.TechnicalProgram
 In addition to the papers listed in the technical program, the
following tutorial and workshops will also be part of RSS this year:

 T1. Machine Learning for Robotics: Old Dreams, New Tools
         http://wcms.inf.ed.ac.uk/ipab/mlrob

 W1. Generating Robot Motion for Contact with the World
        http://mobilemanipulation.org/rss2012/

 W2. Resource-Efficient Integration of Perception and Control for
Highly Dynamic Mobile Systems
        http://rss2012_workshop.visual-navigation.com/

 W3. Robots in Clutter: Manipulation, Perception and Navigation in
Human Environments
        http://www.willowgarage.com/clutter12

 W4. RGB-D: Advanced Reasoning with Depth Cameras
        http://www.cs.washington.edu/ai/Mobile_Robotics/rgbd-workshop-2012/

 W5. Algorithmic Frontiers in Medical Robotics: Coping with Uncertain,
Deformable, Heterogeneous Environments
        http://automation.berkeley.edu/RSS2012Workshop

 W6. Long-term operation of autonomous robotic systems in changing environment
        http://ais.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/longtermoperation_ws12rss/

 W7. Stochastic Motion Planning and Information-Based Control
        http://sertac.scripts.mit.edu/rss2012workshop/

 W8. Beyond laser and vision: alternative sensing techniques for
robotic perception
         http://rss-workshop.acfr.usyd.edu.au/

 W9. Integration of Mechanics, Sensing, Actuation and Control in
Biological and Bio-inspired Locomotion
         https://wiki.cites.uiuc.edu/wiki/display/wkshplocomotion/Home/

 W10: Robotics for Environmental Monitoring
         http://www.isr.uc.pt/WREM2012/Home.html

 W11. From theory to practice of performance comparison and result
replications in Robotics Research
         http://www.heronrobots.com/EuronGEMSig/gem-sig-events/from-theory-to-practice-rss-2012

 W12. Workshop on Aerial Robotics and the Quadrotor Platform
         http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~Robert.Mahony/Editorial_material/2012_RSS_workshop/2012_RSS_UAVworkshop.htm

We hope to see you in Sydney soon!

    Dylan Shell, RSS 2012 Publicity Chair
    Stefan Williams, RSS 2012 Local Area Chair
    Nicholas Roy, RSS 2012 General Chair
    Paul Newman, RSS 2012 Program Chair