[robotics-worldwide] Disney Research Seeks Mechanical Engineer Intern

Rick Cory rcory at disneyresearch.com
Fri Mar 16 01:54:49 PDT 2012

*Disney Research, in Glendale, CA*, is seeking internship applications from
outstanding mechanical engineers who would like to join our team in
conducting research in walking robots for entertainment. The ideal
candidate must be passionate about robotics and more importantly have had
experience and played a central role in the mechanical design, prototyping,
construction, and testing of a robotic system.

Disney Research (www.disneyresearch.com) is a network of research labs
offering the best attributes of academia and industry. We encourage
publication and engagement with the global research community through
university collaborations. We work actively with business units of The Walt
Disney Company at all stages of research, from conception to
commercialization—where results may be enjoyed by an audience of millions.
In some cases, labs are embedded within business units; in others, they are
co-located with universities.

The ideal candidate will meet most (if not all) of the following criteria:

* Working towards a Master's degree in mechanical engineering, or closely
related field

* 1-2 years hands on experience designing, machining, and integrating
hardware designs

* Proficient in SolidWorks (or equivalent)

* Experience with design optimization (e.g., Finite element analysis)

* Experience with electro-mechanical actuators, sensors

* Experience working with machine shop contractors and vendors (preferred,
but not required)

To Apply: Send an email to rcory at disneyresearch.com (subject: 'Mechanical
Engineer Internship') with the following:

1) Cover letter and resume. Cover letter should detail your area of
specialization and how it relates to this position.

2) Examples of your work. Preferably provide a web link to your designs,
pictures, videos, etc.