[robotics-worldwide] International Robot PRIDE Competition 2012

Hanafiah Yussof hanafi3013 at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 03:26:11 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues, [CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS: INTERNATIONAL ROBOT PRIDE COMPETITION 2012] The Center for Humanoid Robot and Bio-Sensing (HuRoBs) is proud to announce the first International Robot PRIDE Competition 2012. This year event is organize along with IRIS2012 at Hilton Hotel Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia from 4th to 6th September 2012. This competition is supported by Aldebaran Robotics and the Malaysian Robotics and Automation Interest Group (MyRAig). The detail information is available here: http://www.iris2012.org/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=19 PRIDE is stand for: P (Performance), R (Reliability), I (Innovation), D (Design), E (Exploratory) The objective of PRIDE is to explore and exhibit innovative ideas and design within the scope of Robotics, Sensors, Automation, Mechatronics and Intelligent Systems. The competition focus on fundamental and application using creative engineering and computer technology towards potential exploration as commerci
 al products. PRIDE is a platform where inventors meet the investors. We are pleased to invite potential teams and individual to participate in this competition. [PARTICIPATION CATEGORIES]

				Category

				Team Members

				(1) School

				School students up to 18years old

				(2) College/University

				College/university students and/or academic/technical staffs

				(3) Company/Individual

Representatives from company or individual other than the above categories

The organizer is also inviting potential investors, media, entrepreneurs, company representatives, individual, etc. to join as observers in this competition. We encourage discussion with the participating team for possible business collaboration and exploration towards commercialization of the presented products. [HOW TO PARTICIPATE]Step 1: Submit your proposal by 30th June 2012 (proposal template is available at the website) to iris2012secretariat at gmail.com.Step 2: Shortlisted team will be notify by 15th June 2012.Step 3: Complete payment of team entry and members registration fees. [PRIZES]Winners of each category (Gold, Silver, Bronze) will receive Trophy, Cash Prize and Certificate of Excellence.All participating team members will receive a special Certificate of Excellence from the organizer. For further information please visit our website at http://www.iris2012.org/ or contact the organizer at iris2012secretariat at gmail.com . Dr. Hanafiah YussofChairman IRIS2012 and Rob
 ot PRIDE Competition 2012Center for Humanoid Robots and Bio-Sensing (HuRoBs)Faculty of Mechanical EngineeringUniversiti Teknologi MARA40450 Shah Alam SelangorMalaysia